The Hawke Sapphire ED 8x42 binoculars feature a high performance optical system with dielectric prism coatings giving the user the brightest image reproduction possible. The Top Hinge optical system is more compact than the Open Hinge model, but offers the same high quality optical system.
The ED glass eliminates Chromatic Aberration. This incredible optical performance is housed in a magnesium alloy open hinge design while the exterior design and function have not been over looked. Incorporated is a quick ratio (1.7 turn) focus knob, low profile multi-stage twist-up eye cups and stay-on lens covers.
Available in black or green, the highly tactile, performance rubber armour has been designed to allow for comfort, yet provide excellent grip. The Hawke Sapphire ED 8x42 is supplied with a comfort neck strap and a genuine leather hard case.
Key features include:
• Superior ED Glass - extra low dispersion glass
• Dielectic prism coating and BAK 4 prism material
• Fully multi-coated lenses
• Lightweight magnesium alloy body
• Fully water proof, nitrogen purged - tested to 1.5 metres for 3 minutes
• Water-repellent objective lens coating
• Quick ratio and precise centre focusing wheel
• Twist-up eye cups with position stops
• Close focus to 2 metres
• Stay-on lens covers
• High quality leather carry case
• Padded neck strap
• Hawke Worldwide 10 year warranty
Field of view: 142m
Minimum Focus: 2m
Eye Relief: 17mm