Mongolia lies in the heart of Asia, bridging the vast Siberian taiga forests of the north and the world's coldest deserts to the south. It encompasses great mountain ranges, extensive steppes and deserts, and pristine rivers and lakes. Large and sparsely populated, Mongolia harbours a rich avifauna including an array of globally rare and local species.
Key features of this book:
- First-ever field guide to the birds of Mongolia
- Covers 503 species, including all residents, migrants and vagrants
- 113 superb plates depicting every species and many distinct plumages and races
- Authoritative text covers identification features, along with voice, habitat, behaviour and status
- Accurate maps for every species
Illustrations: 113 colour plates