This DVD covers the best birding sites in the Lower Rio Grande Valley, described by Kenn Kaufman as the best birding area in the USA and gives you a real ‘feel’ for what it’s like to go there.
The best sites - covers the best birding sites in the Lower Rio Grande Valley.
The best birds - featuring no less than 120 species including many of the Rio Grande specialities such as Green and Ringed Kingfishers, Audubon's and Altamira Orioles, Pauraque and Clay-colored Robin and all filmed using high-definition digital video cameras.
The best information - find out more about the sites and their birds, including what to listen for, to help you find more species
This film shows exactly what it’s like to visit South Texas. You’ll see footage of the most exciting species, you’ll get an idea of what each of the sites is like and you’ll learn more about the area and its birds.
Running time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
This is the book that gives you the latest information on where to find birds such as Green and Ringed Kingfishers, Audubon's and Altamira Orioles, Pauraque and Clay-colored Robin and many more in much more detail than you can find anywhere else. You really shouldn’t go to the Lower Rio Grande Valley without it.
Compared to other publications covering the same area, this one:
* Gives the most precise details for exactly where to find the most difficult species
* Provides the most detailed maps taking the guesswork out of navigating around the Lower Rio Grande Valley
* Has maps which are exactly to scale - if the map suggests it’s 500 metres, that’s how far it will be
* Includes GPS co-ordinates to help you find the right turnings, parking spaces or viewing points
* Highlights the best areas only and summarises the key attraction in the first paragraph so you can easily decide whether to read on
* Has a map on the inside cover which serves as an index so you can easily find any site in the book
* Is light and portable
* Is complemented by a DVD showing you exactly what it’s like to go birding in many of these sites