This DVD introduces you to the best birdwatching sites in Morocco from Taroudannt to Merzouga and gives you a real ‘feel’ for what it’s like to go birding there.
The best sites - covers no fewer than 17 birding sites including specific locations for species such as Scrub Warbler, Desert Sparrow, Mourning Wheatear, Saharan Olivaceous Warbler, Egyptian Nightjar, Crowned Sandgrouse and Pharaoh Eagle Owl.
The best birds - sit back and enjoy footage of almost 50 species, including many of the specialities, all filmed using high-definition digital video cameras.
The best information - find out more about the sites and their birds, including what to listen for, to help you find more species
Travel into the deserts of Morocco with birdwatcher Dave Gosney as he shows you exactly how to find many of the most sought-after species. Watch footage of the birds themselves and listen as Dave explains how to recognise them by their songs and calls. There’s particularly helpful coverage of how to separate Thekla and Crested Larks and Saharan and Western Olivaceous Warblers.
Total running time: 62 minutes
This is the book that gives you the latest information on where to find birds such as Egyptian Nightjar, Desert Warbler, Scrub Warbler, Fulvous Babbler and many more in much more detail than you can find anywhere else. You really shouldn’t go to the deserts of Morocco without it.
Dave Gosney writes:
'On 15th April 2009, I was birding at Oukaimeden in Morocco’s Atlas mountains when I met up with Dominic Mitchell and a group of friends who had just arrived in the country and were about to visit the desert areas. Since I’d just been to the places they were aiming for, I was able to give them up-to-date directions and sketch maps for exactly where to find species such as Scrub Warbler, Egyptian Nightjar, Saharan Olivaceous Warbler, Desert Sparrow, Dupont’s Lark, Mourning Wheatear and Crowned Sandgrouse. Dominic later got in touch to say that my advice had been spot-on and that they’d managed to find all the species they’d wanted to see. The aim of this book is to give you that very same advantage for your next trip to Morocco'.
Compared to other publications covering the same area, this one:
* Gives the most precise details for exactly where to find the most difficult species
* Provides the most detailed maps taking the guesswork out of navigating the desert tracks at places like Tagdilt and Merzouga
* Has maps which are exactly to scale - if the map suggests it’s 500 metres, that’s how far it will be
* Includes GPS co-ordinates to help you find the right turnings, parking spaces or viewing points
* Highlights the best areas only and summarises the key attraction in the first paragraph so you can easily decide whether to read on
* Has a map on the inside cover which serves as an index so you can easily find any site in the book
* Is light and portable
* Is complemented by a DVD showing you exactly what it’s like to go birding in many of these sites