Once again Lincolnshire attracted some very good birds throughout the year including Black-winged Pratincole, Long-billed Dowitcher, Broad-billed Sandpiper and Buff-breasted Sandpiper at RSPB Frampton Marsh. Nearby Freiston Shore entertained a Squacco Heron and two White-rumped Sandpipers together.
Yorkshire produced a great crop of rarities including Little Bustard, Brown Shrike and Black-headed Bunting, with Easington attracting Collared Flycatcher, Red-eyed Vireo, Hume's Warbler and Stenjeger's Stonechat. At Kilnsea, the Baikal Teal was most welcome, as was the Booted Warbler. RSPB Blacktoft Sands hosted a county 'mega' with a Little Crake visiting for a day and a Gull-billed Tern spent a while at RSPB Adwick Washlands.
Elsewhere, a Brown Booby at Kynance Cove was a big attraction. Stilt Sandpiper and Eastern Black-eared Wheatear in Lancashire were major county records, as was the Black-throated Thrush in Bedfordshire. Eastern Yellow Wagtails occurred in several places, including Norfolk, Suffolk and Northumberland. Norfolk also attracted a cracking male Lesser Grey Shrike, plus a first record for Cley in the form of an Isabelline Wheatear. The usual Scilly Isles summary includes clips of Blue Rock Thrush and Yellow-billed Cuckoo.
All of the above birds, and lots more, are included in the DVD which has a total running time of 200 minutes. The usual narration provides information for each sighting,
1. Dusky Warbler, Huttoft Bank, Lincs. – Jan.
2. American Wigeon, Kirkby Pits, Lincs – Jan.
3. Mediterranean Gulls, Scarborough. N. Yorks. – Jan.
4. Glaucous Gull, Cley. Norfolk. – Jan.
5. Red-necked Grebe, Barton, Lincs. – Feb.
6. Green-winged Teal, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – Feb.
7. Great Grey Shrike, Clumber Park, Notts. – Feb.
8. Red-necked Grebe, Barton, Lincs. – March
9. Richard's Pipit, Alkborough Flats, Lincs. – March
10. Lesser Yellowlegs, RSPB Lodmoor, Dorset. – March
11. Long-billed Dowitcher, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – April
12. Iberian Chiffchaff, South Kirkby, Sth. Yorkshire – April
13. Ferruginous Duck, South Kirkby, Sth. Yorkshire – April
14. Night Heron, RSPB Fairburn Ings, West Yorks.. - May
15. Baikal Teal, Nene Washes, Cambs. – May
16. Woodchat Shrike, Long Nab, Burniston, N.Yorks. – May
17. Purple Heron, Burnham Overy, Norfolk. – May
18. Collared Flycatcher, Easington, East Yorks. – May
19. Brown Shrike, Cowden, East Yorks. – May
20. Iberian Chiffchaff, Gibraltar Point, Lincs. – May
21. Great Reed Warbler, Wintersett, South Yorks. – May
22. Stilt Sandpiper, Lunt Water Meadows, Lancs. - May
23. Temminck's Stint, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – May
24. Broad-billed Sandpiper, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – May
25. Baikal Teal, Kilnsea, East Yorks.– May
26. Serin, Easington, East Yorks. – May
27. Rose-coloured Starling, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – June
28. Little Bittern, Nth. Thoresby, Lincs. – June
29. Black-headed Bunting, Flamborough, East Yorks. - June
30. Subalpine Warbler, Flamborough, East Yorks. - June
31. Lesser Grey Shrike, Horsey, Norfolk - June
32. Purple Heron, RSPB Blacktoft Sands, East Yorks. – June
33. Black-wind Pratincole, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – June
34. Squacco Heron, Stiffkey, Norfolk. - June
35. Lesser Yellowlegs, RSPB Titchwell Marsh – June
36. Squacco Heron, RSPB Freiston Shore, Lincs. – July
37. Black-necked Grebes, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – July
38. Gull-billed Tern, RSPB Adwick Washlands. Sth. Yorks. – July
39. Glossy Ibis, Tophill Low, East Yorks. – July
40. Long-billed Dowitcher, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – July
1. Cattle Egret, Gibraltar Point, Lincs. – July
2. Wood Sandpipers, RSPB Freiston Shore – July
3. White-rumped Sandpipers, RSPB Freiston Shore – July
4. Little Bustard, Methley, West Yorks. – Aug.
5. Dotterel, Nth. Killingholme, Lincs. – Aug.
6. Buff-breasted Sandpiper, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – Aug.
7. Eastern Black-eared Wheatear, Pilling, Lancs. – Sept.
8. Black-winged Stilt, Idle Valley NR, Notts. – Sept
9. Brown Booby, Kynance Cove, Cornwall – Sept.
10. Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Davidstowe, Cornwall – Sept.
11. Long-billed Dowitcher, RSPB Fairburn Ings, West Yorks. – Sept.
12. Little Crake, RSPB Blacktoft Sands, East Yorks. – Sept.
13. Spotted Crake, RSPB Blacktoft Sands, East Yorks. – Sept.
14. White-rumped Sandpiper, Tophill Low, East Yorks. – Sept.
15. Pectoral Sandpiper, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs.. – Sept.
16. Booted Warbler, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Oct.
17. Scilly Isles – Oct.
18. Red-eyed Vireo, Easington, East Yorks. – Oct.
19. Snow Bunting, Donna Nook, Lincs. – Oct.
20. Green-winged Teal, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Oct.
21. Little Bunting, Spurn, East Yorks. – Oct.
22. Red-backed Shrike, Sea View Farm, Lincs. – Oct.
23. Hoopoe, Shireoaks, South Yorks. – Nov.
24. Kentish Plover, Redcar, Cleveland – Nov.
25. Hume's Warbler, Easington, East Yorks. – Nov
26. Stejneger's Stonechat, Easington, East Yorks. – Nov
27. Great Northern Diver, Scarborough, Nth. Yorks. – Nov.
28. Isabelline Wheatear, Cley, Norfolk – Nov.
29. Rough-legged Buzzard, Wells, Norfolk – Nov.
30. Eastern Yellow Wagtail, Walberswick, Suffolk – Nov.
31. Pomarine Skua, Donna Nook, Lincs. – Nov.
32. Ring-necked Duck, South Kirkby, Sth. Yorks. – Nov.
33. Red-throated Diver, Barton, Lincs. – Nov.
34. Eastern Yellow Wagtail, Prestwick Carr, Northumb. – Dec.
35. Rough-legged Buzzard, Stainforth, Sth. Yorks. – Dec.
36. Blue-headed Eastern Yellow Wagtail, Sedgeford, Norfolk – Dec.
37. Black-throated Thrush, Whipsnade Zoo, Beds. – Dec.