Lincolnshire again attracted some very good birds throughout the year including Stilt Sandpiper and Baird's Sandpiper at Alkborough Flats. Rustic Bunting at Horseshoe Point. Gull-billed Tern at Baston/Langtoft. Roller at Timberland, Red-breasted Goose at two locations and White-tailed Lapwing at three locations.
Yorkshire produced another good crop of rarities including Turkestan Shrike at Bempton, Brown Shrike, Citrine Wagtail & Barred Warbler at Kilnsea, Red-flanked Bluetail at Easington, Black-browed Albatross at Bempton Cliffs, Baikal Teal at Swine Moor, Greater Sand Plover at Redcar, Spotted Crake at two locations, Breeding Black-winged Stilts at Potteric Carr and Purple Heron at Denaby Ings.
Elsewhere, the Cape Gull at Grafham Water was a major national rarity, as was the Alpine Accentor in Suffolk. Norfolk hosted breeding Bee-eaters at Trimingham, plus a Spotted Sandpiper at Titchwell Marsh. Once again, a Great Reed Warbler spent a while in Nottinghamshire
The usual Scilly Isles summary includes clips of the very rare Blackburnian Warbler, plus Swainson's Thrush & Buff-bellied Pipit.
An additional bonus was the Walrus that arrived at Scarborough Harbour on the final day of the year!
All of the above and lots more, are included in this edition which has a total running time of 179 minutes. The usual narration provides information for each sighting.
1. Penduline Tit, Weston, Somerset – Jan.
2. Cattle Egrets, Mudgely, Somerset – Jan.
3. Ring-necked Duck, RSPB Ham Wall, Somerset – Jan.
4. Red-breasted Goose, Butterwick, Lincs. – Jan.
5. American Wigeon, Idle Valley NR, Notts. – Jan.
6. Red-breasted Goose, Gibraltar Point NNR, Lincs. – Jan.
7. White-tailed Lapwing, East Halton, Lincs. – Feb.
8. Glossy Ibis, Chapel St. Leonards, Lincs. – Feb.
9. American Wigeon, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – Feb.
10. Great Northern Diver, Scarborough, North Yorks. - March
11. Iceland Gull, Stallingborough, Lincs. – March
12. Lapland Buntings, Buckton, East Yorks. - March
13. Baikal Teal, Swine Moor, East Yorks. - March
14. White-tailed Lapwing, RSPB Frampton Marsh - March
15. White-tailed Eagle, Docking, Norfolk – March
16. Black-browed Albatross, RSPB Bempton Cliffs, East Yorks. – April
17. Kentish Plover, Cley, Norfolk – April
18. Red-breasted Goose, Cley, Norfolk – April
19. Black-necked Grebes, Toft Newton, Lincs. – April
20. Cattle Egrets, Saltfleetby St. Clement, Lincs. – April
21. Common Cranes, Willow Tree Fen, Lincs. – April
22. Common Cranes, Swinefleet, East Yorks. – April
23. Wryneck, Donna Nook, Lincs, – April
24. Brown Shrike, Kilnsea, East Yorks, - May
25. Rustic Bunting, Horseshoe Point, Lincs. – May
26. Purple Heron, Alkborough, Lincs. - May
27. Glossy Ibis, Alkborough, Lincs. - May
28. Black-winged Stilts, Potteric Carr – South Yorks. - May
29. Stone Curlew, Spurn, East Yorks. - May
30. White-tailed Lapwing, Rimac, Lincs. – May
31. Great Reed Warbler, RSPB Langford Lowfields, Notts. – June
32. Long-tailed Duck, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – June
33. Spotted Sandpiper, RSPB Titchwell Marsh, Norfolk – June
34. Bee-eaters, Trimingham, Norfolk – June
35. Baird’s Sandpiper, Alkborough, Lincs. – June
36. Caspian Tern, Misson, Notts.- June
37. Turkestan Shrike, Bempton, East Yorks. – June
38. Stilt Sandpiper, Alkborough, Lincs. - June
1. Stone Curlew, RSPB Fairburn Ings, West Yorks. – July
2. Gull-billed Tern, Baston/Langtoft, Lincs. – July
3. Black-winged Stilts, Potteric Carr – South Yorks. – July
4. Purple Heron, Denaby Ings, South Yorks. – July
5. Pectoral Sandpiper, Edderthorpe, South Yorks. – July
6. Black-winged Stilts, Messingham SQ, Lincs. – Aug.
7. Cape Gull, Grafham Water, Cambs. – Aug.
8. Pectoral Sandpiper, RSPB Fairburn Ings, East Yorks. – Aug.
9. Spotted Crake, North Cave Wetlands – Aug.
10. Wryneck, Spurn, East Yorks. – Aug.
11. Spotted Crake, RSPB St, Aidan’s, West Yorks. - Aug.
12. Bee-eaters, Trimingham, Norfolk – Aug.
13. Greater Sand Plover, Redcar, Cleveland – Aug.
14. Roller, Timberland Delph, Lincs – Aug.
15. Red-necked Phalaropes, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Aug.
16. Citrine Wagtail, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Aug.
17. Wryneck, Covenham Reservoir, Lincs. – Sept.
18. Grey Phalarope, Spurn, East Yorks. – Sept.
19. Temminck’s Stint Spurn, East Yorks. – Sept.
20. Purple Sandpiper, Covenham Reservoir, Lincs. – Oct.
21. Scilly Isles Summary – Oct.
22. Barred Warbler, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Oct.
23. Red-flanked Bluetail, Easington. East Yorks. – Oct.
24. Great Grey Shrike, Spurn, East Yorks. – Oct.
25. Osprey, Sprotborough Flash, South Yorks. – Oct.
26. Alpine Accentor, Slaughden, Suffolk – Oct.
27. Great Northern Diver, Covenham Reservoir, Lincs. – Nov.
28. Velvet Scoters, Covenham Reservoir, Lincs. – Nov.
29. Waxwings, Flamborough, East Yorkshire - Nov.
30. Long-eared Owl, RSPB Bempton Cliffs, East Yorks. – Nov.
31. Walrus, Scarborough North Yorks. – Dec.