Lincolnshire again attracted some very good birds throughout the year including Black-throated Thrush at Grimsby, Terek Sandpiper and Lesser Yellowlegs at Alkborough Flats, Marsh Warbler at Wolla Bank, Blyth's Reed Warbler at Barton, Caspian Tern at RSPB Frampton Marsh and, not least of all, Lammergeier at Moulton Chapel.
Yorkshire produced an excellent crop of rarities including the Lammergeier at Howden Moors, Brown Shrike at North Elmsall, Franklin's Gull at Redcar Tarn, Red-flanked Bluetail at Kilnsea, Woodchat Shrike at Grimston, Hoopoe at Collingham, Red-footed Falcon at Biggin - plus a couple of Rose-coloured Starlings.
Elsewhere, the Eastern Rufous Bushchat at Stiffkey was a major national rarity, as were the Asian Desert Warbler on Holy Island, the Lesser Kestrel on the Scillies and the Taiga Flycatcher at South Shields. Alton Water in Suffolk hosted a long-staying Gull-billed Tern. Nottinghamshire attracted Buff-breasted Sandpiper to the Idle Valley Nature Reserve, plus a Little Bunting to RSPB Langford Lowfields.
The usual Scilly Isles summary includes clips of Swainson's Thrush, American Golden Plover, American Buff-bellied Pipit and Olive-backed Pipit .
All of the above birds, and lots more, are included in the DVD which has a total running time of 180 minutes. The usual narration provides information for each sighting.
1. Eastern Yellow Wagtail, Sedgeford, Norfolk – Jan.
2. Desert Wheatear, Eccles-on-Sea Norfolk – Jan.
3. Green-winged Teal, RSPB Fairburn Ings, East Yorks. – Jan.
4. Purple Heron, Eagland Hill, Lancs. – Jan.
5. Long-billed Dowitcher, RSPB Marshside, Lancs. – Jan.
6. Black-throated Thrush, Grimsby, Lincs. – Jan.
7. Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Sherwood Forest, Notts. – Feb.
8. Great Grey Shrike, Hatfield Moors, South Yorks. – March
9. Waxwings, Hessle East Yorks. – March
10. Waxwings, Cleethorpes, Lincs. – March
11. Lesser Kestrel, Scilly Isles – April
12. Green-winged Teal, Manby, Lincs. - May
13. Nightjar, Alkborough Flats, Lincs. - May
14. Terek Sandpiper, Alkborough Flats, Lincs.- May
15. Hoopoe, Ordsall, Notts. – May
16. Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Idle Valley NR, Notts. – May
17. Red-backed Shrike, Spurn, East Yorks. – May
18. Red-necked Phalarope, Nth. Cave Wetlands, East Yorks. – May
19. Marsh Warbler, Wolla Bank, Lincs. - June
20. Rose-coloured Starling, Cudworth, Sth. Yorks - June
21. Glaucous Gull, Stallingborough, Lincs. - June
22. Blyth’s Reed Warbler, Barton, Lincs. - June
23. Rose-coloured Starling, Collingham, Nth. Yorkshire - June
24. Asian Desert Warbler, Holy Island, Northumb. - June
25. Red-footed Falcon, Biggin, Nth. Yorks. - June
26. Lesser Yellowlegs, Nosterfield NR, Nth. Yorks. - June
27. Glaucous Gull, Grimsby, Lincs. – July
28. Caspian Tern. RSPB Frampton Marsh Lincs. – July
29. Rose-coloured Starling, Mablethorpe, Lincs. – July
30. Lammergeier, Yorks, Derby’s, Lincs, Cambs, – July on
31. Pectoral Sandpiper, Kilnsea, East Yorkshire – July
32. Red-necked Phalarope, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Aug.
33. Gull-billed Tern, Alton Water, Suffolk – Aug.
34. Pectoral Sandpiper, Kilnsea, East Yorkshire – Aug.
1. Red-backed Shrikes, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Aug.
2. Spotted Sandpiper, Drift Res. Cornwall – Aug.
3. Wryneck, RSPB Freiston Shore, Lincs. – Aug.
4. Wryneck, Spurn, East Yorks. – Aug.
5. Red-backed Shrike, Sutton Park, West Mids. – Sept.
6. Franklin’s Gull, Redcar Tarn, West Yorks. – Sept.
7. Common Crane, Swinemoor, East Yorks. – Sept.
8. Woodchat Shrike, Grimston, East Yorks. – Sept
9. Brown Shrike, Warham Greens, Norfolk – Sept.
10. Barred Warbler, Flamborough, East Yorks.– Sept.
11. Red-breasted Flycatcher, Flamborough, East Yorks. – Sept.
12. Hoopoe, Collingham, West Yorks. – Sept.
13. Scillies. – Sept.- Oct.
14. Red-flanked Bluetail, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Oct.
15. Red-breasted Flycatcher, Donna Nook, Lincs.. – Oct.
16. Dotterel, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Oct.
17. Lesser Yellowlegs, Alkborough Flats, Lincs. –Oct..
18. Taiga Flycatcher, South Shields, Durham – Oct.
19. Eastern Rufous Bushchat, Stiffkey, Norfolk – Oct.
20. Brown Shrike, North Elmsall, West Yorks. – Oct.
21. Great Grey Shrike, RSPB Freiston Shore, Lincs. –Oct.
22. Long-tailed Duck, Saltfleet, Lincs. – Oct.
23. Green-winged Teal, Nth. Cave Wetlands, East Yorks. – Nov.
24. Little Bunting, RSPB Langford Lowfields, Notts. – Nov.
25. Red-necked Grebe, Covenham Reservoir, Lincs. – Dec.
26. Hen Harrier, Covenham, Lincs. – Dec.
27. Purple Sandpiper, Cleethorpes, Lincs. – Dec.
28. Grey Phalarope, RSPB Freiston Shore, Lincs. – Dec.