Lincolnshire again attracted some very good birds throughout the year including Lesser Scaup at two locations, Caspian Tern at Barton, Pacific Golden Plover & Black Stork at Frampton Marsh, American Wigeon at Freiston Shore and White-tailed Lapwing at East Halton, Yorkshire produced a splendid crop of rarities including Green Warbler at Buckton, Two-barred Greenish Warbler, Eastern Subalpine Warbler & Rufous Turtle Dove in the Spurn area, Black-browed Albatross at Bempton Cliffs, White-tailed Lapwing at Blacktoft Sands, Franklin's Gull & Long-toed Stint at St. Aidans, Taiga Flycatcher & Red-flanked Bluetail at Flamborough, Savi's Warbler at Heslington.
Elsewhere, the Varied Thrush at Papa Westray was a major national rarity, as were the Belted Kingfisher in Lancashire, the Northern Mockingbird at three different locations, and the River Warbler in Somerset. The Elegant Tern on Angelsey and the Roller in Suffolk proved to be popular attractions. A Blyth's Reed Warbler in Staffordshire, Melodious Warbler in Worcestershire and a White-throated Sparrow in East Sussex also pulled in the crowds.
The usual Scilly Isles summary includes clips of Spotted Sandpiper & Balearic Woodchat Shrike.
All of the above birds, and lots more, are included in this edition which has a total running time of 190 minutes. The usual narration provides information for each sighting.
1. Leucistic Dunlin, Rimac, Lincs. - March
2. Ring-necked Duck, Barrow, Lincs. – April
3. Two-barred Crossbill, Thoresby, Notts. – April
4. Little Bunting, RSPB Langford Lowfields, Notts. – April
5. White-throated Sparrow, Barcombe, East Sussex – April
6. Wryneck, Gibraltar Point, Lincs. – April
7. Bonaparte’s Gull, Rutland Water – April
8. Lesser Scaup, Chapel Pits, Lincs. – April
9. Dotterel, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – May
10. Wood Sandpiper, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. - May
11. Lesser Yellowlegs, Clifton, Worcs. – May
12. Golden Oriole, Spurn, East Yorks. - May
13. Northern Mockingbird, Newbiggin, Northumb. - May
14. Temminck’s Stint, Kilnsea, East Yorks. - May
15. Temminck’s Stints, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – May
16. Savi’s Warbler, Heslington, East Yorks. – May
17. Franklin’s Gull, RSPB St. Aidan’s, West Yorks. – May
18. Lesser Scaup, Manby, Lincs. – May
19. Eastern Subalpine Warbler, Spurn, East Yorks. - May
20. Red-backed Shrike, Spurn, East Yorks - May
21. Glossy Ibis, RSPB Blacktoft Sands, East Yorks - May
22. Great Reed Warbler, Besthorpe, Notts. - May
23. Lesser Grey Shrike, Whitby, North Yorks. - June
24. Bee Eaters, Kilnsea, East Yorks, - June
25. River Warbler, RSPB Ham Wall, Somerset - June
26. Baillon’s Crake, Alkborough, Lincs. - June
27. Rose-coloured Starling, Easington, East Yorks. - June
28. Caspian Tern, Barton, Lincs. – June
29. Common Cranes, Branston Island, Lincs. - June
30. Glossy Ibis, Branston Island, Lincs. - June
31. Blyth’s Reed Warbler, RSPB Middleton Lakes, Staffs. - June
32. Melodious Warbler, Lickey Hills, Worcs. - June
33. Roller, Icklingham, Suffolk – June
34. Black-browed Albatross, RSPB Bempton Cliffs - June
35. Rufous Turtle Dove, Easington, East Yorks. – July
36. Elegant Tern, Cemlyn Bay, Anglesey – July
37. Roseate Tern, RSPB Freiston Shore, Lincs. – July
1. Pacific Golden Plover, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – July
2. Western Sandpiper, Snettisham, Norfolk – July
3. White-rumped Sandpiper, Snettisham, Norfolk – July
4. White-rumped Sandpiper, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – July
5. White-tailed Lapwing, RSPB Blacktoft Sands – Aug.
6. Arctic Tern, Hornsea Mere, East Yorks. – Aug.
7. Black Stork, RSPB Frampton Marsh, Lincs. – Aug.
8. Green Warbler, Buckton, East Yorks. – Sept.
9. Glossy Ibis, RSPB Backtoft Sands, Yorks. – Sept.
10. Isabelline Wheatear, Easington, East Yorks.
11. Dotterel, Easington, East Yorks. – Sept.
12. Bluethroat, RSPB Backtoft Sands, Yorks. – Sept.
13. Pectoral Sandpiper, Tophill Low, East Yorks. – Sept.
14. Purple Sandpiper, Covenham Reservoir, Lincs. – Sept.
15. Wilson’s Phalarope, RSPB Burton Mere, Cheshire – Sept.
16. Little Stint, Misson, Notts. – Sept.
17. Scilly Isles – Oct.
18. Long-toed Stint, RSPB St. Aidan’s, West Yorks. – Oct.
19. Western Bonelli’s Warbler, Kilnsea, East Yorks. – Oct.
20. Taiga Flycatcher, Flamborough, East Yorks. – Oct.
21. Two-barred Warbler, Spurn, East Yorks. –Oct.
22. Grey Phalarope, Alkborough, Lincs. – Oct.
23. American Wigeon, RSPB Freiston Shore, Lincs. – Oct.
24. Varied Thrush, Papa Westray, Orkney – Oct.
25. Taiga Flycatcher, Flamborough, East Yorks. – Oct.
26. Red-flanked Bluetail, Flamborough, East Yorks. – Oct.
27. Shore Larks, Theddlethorpe, Lincs. – Nov.
28. Ring Ouzel, Spurn, East Yorks.. – Dec.
29. Grey Phalarope, Covenham, Lincs. - Nov.
30. Iceland Gull, Stallingborough, Lincs. – Dec.
31. Great Northern Diver, Covenham, Lincs. – Dec.
32. Snow Bunting, Covenham, Lincs. – Dec.
33. Ring-necked Ducks, RSPB Langford Lowfields, Notts. – Dec.
34. Belted Kingfisher, Samlesbury, Lancs. – Dec.
35. White-tailed Lapwing, East Halton, Lincs. – Dec.
Approximate running time – 190 minutes